It is the objective of Widecombe Nursing Home to provide care for all service users to a standard of excellence which embraces fundamental principles of good care practice and that this may be witnessed and evaluated through the practice, conduct and control of quality of care of the home.
It is the objective of the home that service users shall live in a clean, comfortable and safe environment and be treated with respect and sensitivity to their individual needs and abilities. Staff will be responsive to the individual needs of service users and will provide the appropriate degree of care to assure the highest possible quality of life within the home.
To meet these client needs the care service within the home is designed to achieve the following objectives :
- To deliver a service of the highest quality that will improve and sustain the service user’s overall quality of life.
- To ensure that the care service is delivered flexibly, attentively and in a non-discriminatory fashion whilst respecting each service user’s right to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfillment, and the rights to make informed choices and take risks.
- To ensure that each service user’s needs and values are respected in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexuality and sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status.
- To ensure that the care service in the whole is delivered in accordance with the Statement of Terms and conditions agreed at the point of moving into the home.
- To manage implement a formal program of staff planning, selection recruitment training and personal development to enable service user care needs to be met.
- To manage the care service efficiently and effectively, to make best use of resources and to maximize the value for money for the service user.
- To ensure that all service users receive written information on the home’s procedure for handling complaints, comments and compliments and how to use is.